As nuclear power gains recognition as a linchpin of the clean energy transition, companies joining the industry look to the example Wen Shugang set. Wen is Chairman of China Huaneng Group, a large electric power utility that is operating the first working small modular nuclear reactor (SMR) in the world. SMRs offer a safer and cheaper alternative to traditional nuclear reactors, but have faced regulatory hurdles in many countries. Other companies, such as Westinghouse, have developed promising SMRs, but Huaneng was first, and is proving that the model works.
- The Struggle to Save Lives Inside Gaza’s Hospitals
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- What Fuels Max Verstappen’s Formula One Success
- The Founder of Uniqlo Has a Wake-Up Call for Japan
- How to Set Boundaries With Relatives
- The Oversexualization of Trans Bodies: Column
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time