The Winter Park Book Festival is Saturday, March 9, 2019, from 9am – 4pm. It seeks to:
- promote Winter Park Public Library as an arts and cultural destination
- attract and recognize authors, publishers and readers from around Florida
- highlight the importance of reading and literacy throughout the community
- recognize Winter Park authors
The festival will feature a diverse group of contemporary Florida authors in conversations, panels, and presentations. Please read the following information before submitting a book to the Festival.
How is a book considered?
The book must be published within the last two years. Please send or have your publicist send us:
- a press kit with clippings, reviews and author bio for the submitted book, and list of previously published
- links to author website and social media accounts
- a completed submission form
- Please mail these items to: Nicole Heintzelman, Head of Adult Services, 460 E. New England Ave.,
Winter Park, FL 32789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
When should a book be submitted?
We accept submissions from September 1, 2018 – October 31, 2018.
Who decides which authors are invited?
Book Festival Planning Team
What types of books are considered?
The Book Festival focuses on the promotion of literature and literary culture. To provide a diverse mix of literature for all visitors and participating authors, we will feature books from the following genres:
- Fiction — with an emphasis on literary fiction
- Nonfiction books — considered from a variety of perspectives that encourage and engage in fair,
respectful discussions of history, figures and ideas.
- Narrative nonfiction — history, biography, memoir, and essays
- Graphic novels
- Cookbooks and food-related titles
- Art and architecture titles
- Titles with a local focus
What happens when a book is selected?
We begin issuing invitations to participate in the Festival in December with the schedule of authors in place by January. We are unable to notify individuals who are not selected. We will post the list of selected authors on the Book Festival website.
Book Sales and Signings
Authors are invited to sell their own books using their own resources (square, etc.).
Authors are responsible for their own travel expenses.
There is no fee for submissions. Incomplete submissions will be discarded. Meeting the criteria for consideration does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the Festival as a featured author. Books submitted for consideration will not be returned and authors will receive neither payment, feedback, nor critique of submitted works.